Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What to do when it's crazy hot outside...

This week it has been stupid hot where I live. I know it could be hotter, but with an infant who sweats like a grown man, we haven't been venturing out unless we must. So what do we do when we are stuck inside? Apparently the same thing we do on cold rainy days. We cook and bake.

On Sunday we made microwave chocolate-peanut-butter-oat-snack-bars. The recipe only makes about 3 bars but its perfect for a quick snack.  

On Monday the girls and I made Baked oatmeal casserole. This is the second time I made this. The first time was to bring to a new mama. It is addicting!

Today we only left the house to get our free slurpees from 7/11! Oh, and we played at a friends for a bit. As if slurpees weren't enough, a few hours later I threw some frozen bananas, hershey's syrup, peanut butter and milk in a blender to make "milkshakes."

Thank goodness for instant netflix because it seems like all we have done this week is watch Hannah Montana and eat! Judge me if you want, but it is H.O.T. and I want to enjoy my children as much as I can before school starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment